Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mini catch up!

Hey guys, sorry I keep taking these breaks from the blog. It’s hard to keep up! You slip into routine so easily and forget to take pictures of the amazingness that we live in! I will try harder… :D Let’s start. Wow! We have been busy busy lately. We have started our after school programs and secondary projects. My principal and I held a parents meeting where over 120 parents showed up. We talked about my after school programs and even Eric came to talk about his scouts club in the community. We have had a great turn out! I am a bit confused how people are not successful around here with secondary projects as the villagers are so keen and excited to learn and try new things. Eric has over 80 learners in his scout club and I have over 90 learners in each of my after school clubs. I am doing reading club (SOUNS) on Tuesdays, GLOW on Wednesday and Kings Foundation on Thursdays. Souns is a beginning reading program to teach learners who were passed over and need to learn how to read. The GLOW is for girls, we will have a sleep away camp in October for these girls. I am working on my grant for that now. Then the Kings foundation is just outside activities, team working and empowerment. Eric is working hard with his scouts group and is also going to start working with operation Hope soon on helping them make their curriculum more adapted to rural life. They are an organization that focuses on financial literacy so it could help a lot of people out here in the village that are in a lot of debt. Overall everything is amazing. We are really settled in and absolutely could not be happier. Don’t get me wrong… there are hard days. But 99% of the time we are in utter bliss out here! Eric received a late x-mas gift that allowed us to buy a guitar, which we have been wanting for a while. We sit outside for at least one hour every night and teach each other new songs or tricks. We are having a lot of fun! I’ve signed up for a 10K race in Polokwane that will take place on Aug. 23rd! I’m super excited about this chapter! I have been running for a while, but now I have the motivation from the race to help me step it up to the next level! It is so much fun! If you are interested in donating to the KLM foundation I will post that information next. I need at least $100 in donations (in my name) to run the race and I know we can do even better than that! I had an “ah ha!” moment the other night sitting outside at sunset playing the guitar with Eric and watching the kids play in front of us… This is exactly what I hoped/dreamed it would be like here! It’s so amazing! I know I’m skimming here but at least it’s something! Haha! Hope you are all doing fantastic and enjoy the pictures! Loves to all!















2 comments: